Getting to your destination in Destin, Florida, is a straightforward journey that offers various travel options to suit your preferences and needs. Whether you prefer flying, driving, taking a bus, or even arriving by boat, you can find convenient routes and transportation methods to reach this popular destination. If you’re planning a trip to Destin, Florida, first know the different ways that you can get there. In this article, we’ll explore the various transportation options available to you. So before embarking on your journey to this beautiful destination, take a moment to learn about various ways.
How to Get to Destin Florida?
If you’re planning a trip to Destin, Florida, there are a few general directions you can follow to get there. However, it’s worth noting that the specific route you take may depend on your starting location. Nonetheless, with these directions as a guide, you’ll be well on your way to reaching your sunny destination.
If you’re looking for a fast and practical way to reach your destination, air travel can be a great choice, especially if you’re traveling from a distant location. Fortunately, Destin Fort Walton Airport (VPS) is the closest airport to Destin, just 16 miles away from Destin, making it easy to get to your final destination. To start your journey, book a flight to VPS or another nearby major airport, Pensacola International Airport (PNS). If you land at VPS, you’ll find yourself approximately 16 miles (25.7 km) northeast of your destination, while PNS is about 56 miles (90 km).
From the airport, you can easily arrange ground transportation to get to Destin itself. Options typically include rental cars, shuttle services, taxis, and rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft. By planning, you can take advantage of resort shuttles or hotel-provided transportation. Following the signs within the airport will lead you to the transportation services you need, making your transition from air travel to your chosen lodging in Destin seamless and stress-free.
If you’re searching for additional flight options, you may want to consider flying into Pensacola International Airport (PNS) instead, which is situated approximately 56 miles away from Destin. Although the distance may be a bit further, PNS provides a broader range of airlines and flight choices, which can result in more competitive fares or more suitable scheduling.
Once you arrive at Pensacola International Airport, you can reach Destin by rental car, shuttle service, taxi, or rideshare app, making the journey to your final destination relatively straightforward.
Traveling to Destin, Florida, by car is a popular choice for those who prefer flexibility and the opportunity to explore the surrounding areas. The directions vary depending on your starting point. Here are some directions from popular locations:
- From the East (Tallahassee, Jacksonville, etc.):
- Start by heading west on Interstate 10 (I-10), a major east-west highway in Florida.
- Continue on I-10 until you reach the exit for Highway 85 South (Exit 56). Take this exit.
- Follow Highway 85 South until it merges with Highway 98. It will lead you directly into Destin.
Before embarking on your journey, equip yourself with a reliable GPS device or a detailed map to help you navigate. Additionally, it is essential to remain vigilant of all road signs and markings that provide crucial information while driving. Always be aware of traffic conditions and possible road closures, particularly during peak travel times or unforeseen events, and plan your route accordingly to ensure a safe and hassle-free trip.
However, you can ensure these are accurate guidelines by consulting individuals who are more familiar with these roads.
Traveling to Destin, Florida, by bus is an option, although it may involve multiple transfers depending on your starting location. Here’s a general overview of how to get to Destin by bus:
- Find a Nearby Bus Terminal: To begin your journey, you’ll need to locate a bus terminal or station near your current location. You can find the nearest bus terminal by searching online or contacting a local transportation authority.
- Choose a Bus Service: Several bus companies, including Greyhound and regional carriers, offer services to various destinations in Florida. Check their schedules and routes to see if they provide service to Destin or nearby cities like Fort Walton Beach.
- Book Your Tickets: It is advisable to book your bus tickets in advance once you have identified a bus service that is available for your desired route and location. You can often do this online through the bus company’s website or in person at the bus terminal.
- Travel to Destin: Buses typically make stops at various cities and towns along the way, so expect the journey to take some time.
- Arrival in Destin: Your bus journey will conclude at a bus terminal in or near Destin. From there, you can use local transportation options like taxis or rideshare services to reach your final destination within Destin.
It’s worth considering that bus travel might take longer than other transportation methods, but it’s a viable option that’s budget-friendly and eco-conscious.
If you’re planning to travel to Destin, Florida, you won’t be able to take a direct train, as there are no passenger train stations located in Destin. However, you can still use Amtrak services to get to nearby cities, such as Crestview, which is situated about 26 miles north of Destin.
How to Get to Destin Florida?: Final Thoughts:
If you want to relax and take in the sights without worrying about driving, bus travel is a great option that allows you to enjoy the journey. For those who prefer to incorporate train travel into their journey, ground transportation options are available to help you seamlessly connect to your final destination. Safe travels!